As a Client what are the specific things that you are looking from an ideal Freelancer?
- For me I want someone who is not expensive. That is why I have to shop many freelancers before choosing one.
- Communication, communication, communication. I cannot emphasize how important this is. If you are doing my work you need to constantly give me updates.
- Most freelancers think only of how much money they are going to make from one project and forget about building a partnership with the client that can last. You do not need to be penny wise and pound foolish.
- Honesty is top on the list for me. Let your yes be yes. Don’t tell me one thing when you mean another. Freelancers are good at telling lies because they want you to award them a project only to turn around and start giving excuses. That is wrong and is a deal breaker to me. If you do that to me I will not like to work with you again in the future.
- To me the amount of money you charge me does not matter if and only if you know your work and will deliver a good project, am happy with it. But mediocre workers are vexation which I detested. It is better to honorably say you cannot do a project rather than take it and unable to deliver.